Free the Anti-Minutemen 5!

Email us at: antiminutemen5(at)yahoo.com. Visit our blog at www.antiminutemen5.tk Right now we see increasingly vicious attacks on immigrants, justified in the name of the “War on Terror”. When people step out to oppose these outrages, they must be supported. And when they are attacked, they must be defended. A group of five young people – white, Latino, Muslim – are facing up to four years in jail for a protest against the racist vigilante group the Minutemen.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More news coverage of the Anti-Minutemen 5

ABC 7

Sun-Times

Tribune

NBC 5

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Glad it all worked out, plus they advertised MayDay for us!

 
At 4/27/2006 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MINUTEMEN BEHIND ARSON IN ATLANTA

It is possible that the Minutemen were behind the burning of several buses used in a pro-immigrant rally. Heres how: the buses were burned on April 19th, the date in 1775 when the American Revolutionary War began. On that day in Concord, Massachusetts the Minuteman militia entered battle for the first time and defeated British troops at Old North Bridge.

On the night of April 18, 1775, General Gage sent 900 men to seize munitions stored by the colonial militia at Concord, Massachusetts. Riders alerted the countryside, and when the British troops entered Lexington on the morning of April 19, they found 75 Minutemen formed up on the village common. Shots were exchanged, and the British moved on to Concord, where there was more fighting. By the time the British began the return march to Boston, thousands of militiamen had arrived on the scene, inflicting much damage upon the detachment. With the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the war had begun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

Immigrant backlash in Atlanta: Buses used in pro-immigration rally burned.

By TERESA BORDEN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
04/19/06


The owner of a bus line who provided free transportation to some of the people attending a pro-immigration rally last week said today that three of his buses were burned overnight while they sat in a Doraville parking area.

Carlos Ochoa, who owns Royal Bus Lines, said he was notified by employees about 7 a.m. that the 20-passenger buses he keeps in a private parking lot off Church Street had burned.

"I would not want to believe that this happened because of the march," said Ochoa, who offered six buses to provide free transportation to the April 10 rally in Atlanta that was part of a nationwide protest against federal immigration legislation.

"But looking at the buses like this, makes me feel sad," said Ochoa, a a naturalized citizen from Colombia. "At the same time, it gives me courage to continue what we are trying to do" in supporting the Hispanic community's efforts to fight proposed tougher federal laws against illegal immigration.

Two of Ochoa's drivers live in a house across the street from the parking lot, which is surrounded by chain-link fence.

Miguel Tercero, one of the drivers, said the son of his housemate heard a noise about 12:45 a.m., possibly from a tire exploding, and went out to see what was going on. He saw the burning buses, and police and firefighters at the scene.

"It is a very difficult and hard thing; it makes you wonder what is happening," said Tercero, a 54-year-old naturalized citizen from Honduras.

Royal's bright yellow buses are most familiar on Buford Highway. Ochoa said the 6-year-old company serves riders in the Lindbergh area of Atlanta, Sandy Springs and Doraville.

Ochoa said one of his buses was torched in the same storage yard last year. He said police determined it was arson but no arrests have been made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home